After many hours of searching I could not get my project set up. I tried adding a new archtype using values from http://struts.apache.org/2.2.3/docs/struts-2-maven-archetypes.html , but it was no avail I kept getting some exception. Then I finally realized that the struts2 archetype repository does not contain the archetype files anymore. You can try finding the archetypes in http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/<version>/m2-staging-repository/
Once the realization dawned I started looking for new repository and finally found it on this page
The struts2-arhetype-starter for 2.2.3 can be found in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
Now finally the last bit that comprises of steps to create the struts2 project with m2eclipse
- Open your eclipse and click on File → New → Project
- Assuming you have m2eclipse installed select Maven → Maven Project in the new Project wizard.
- Click on Next twice and you will arrive on Select An Archetype screen.
- Click on Add Archetype button and supply following value Archetype Group Id – org.apache.struts
Archetype Artifact Id – struts2-archetype-starter
Archetype Version – 2.2.3
Repository Url - http://repo1.maven.org/maven2
- Click on OK.
- Now in Catalog Drop down select “All Catalog”. In filter type “org.apache.struts”. The newly added “struts2-archtype-starter” will show up in pane below. Select it and click Next
- On next screen specify groupid, artifactid, version and package for the application you wish to create.
- Click on finish and enjoy .
No related posts.